Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text is masked when renaming icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2001
BE
Hi,

However this thread is in the forum NT4, I have the feeling that i might have to do something with iexplorer too.
Configuration: Windows NT4.0 with Internet Explorer 5.0.

When a user tries to change the name of an icon (on the desktop, in an explorer window (NT4) or the old 3.51 explorer) the text becomes invisble. You can change the name, but it appears only after you deselect the text (leave the name-edit-mode).
My first thought was that this was related too some desktop-settings: that the selected text gets the same color as the background, which makes it invisible, but after changing the theme too windows default nothing changed.
I disabled the Plus! enhancements like "display icons in all possible colors" and "use large icons", but neither that helps.
Can anyone throw some light in this darkness, please ?

It is not possible to upgrade to IE5.5 or solutions of that kind, because we're thightly restricted of software versions
(that's why we're still using NT4 !)

greetz

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Murphy's Laws

I still have this problem... Any news ?

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Murphy's Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back