Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text in PDF for print

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebjo

Technical User
Jan 31, 2004
DE
Hi,

I have a psd file of a flyer which I need to convert to a pdf for print. I have flattened all layers except for the type layer. What is the correct way to handle the text? Is it correct to keep it on a seperat layer, or should I rasterize it with the rest of the document? If I keep it seperate should I use outlines when I save the pdf? How will the editable text be seperated on the cmyk plates? Generally: what is a common procedure for handling text in pdfs created for print?

Seb

I don't think it will matter if you flatten the text layer or not, If you leave it as a layer you can then edit it later if you have any corrections.
Otherwise just make the PDF. either way the text will be rasterised becuse that is what Photoshop does.
If you want the text nice and sharp for the Print then place the photoshop file in Illustrator then do your text in that, this will solve your problem.

the text will seperate out the same as the rest of the Photoshop file.
I'm guessing the text is black??? If it is then it should overprint automaticly.

If you don't care then just make the PDF in Photoshop.

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back