Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text formatting from memo field in Database Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemansker

Technical User
Jul 1, 2000
US
There has to be a way to do this!!!<br><br>Visitors enter text into a memo field with line spacing, numbering, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp;This seems to be stored properly in the Access database, but when I select the field as part of a Database Results region, the text is all jammed together.<br><br>Can you tell me how I can retain the original spacing etc. from the database to the asp page?<br><br>Thanks in advance,<br><br>Mike

Dear Mike,<br><br>I don't think I quite understand. Can you provide a demonstration of this problem by posting a link to a page that reproduces this problem?<br><br>-pete

The site is <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> the left border menu, click K12 Center Lessons.<br><br>Search by Grade Level.&nbsp;&nbsp;Choose 2<br><br>Click on any of the plans listed for grade 2.<br><br>The resultant page gives information about the lesson including the lesson itself.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is where the problem lies.&nbsp;&nbsp;Carriage returns are removed causing the lesson to appear as a single string.<br><br>From what research I've done, you can't edit a Front Page component, and since this is a database results area, it appears that I'm stuck with the formatting.<br><br>I'd gladly pay someone to write an asp page which returns the same info from the database.&nbsp;&nbsp;If interested, please contact me via email:&nbsp;&nbsp;<A HREF="mailto:edusoft@gte.net">edusoft@gte.net</A><br><br>Let me know the info you need and the price.<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br>Mike<br><br>

Mike,<br><br>You can try using &lt;pre&gt; tags.&nbsp;&nbsp;This will retain all of your returns and spacing.&nbsp;&nbsp;The only drawback though is the width of the text.&nbsp;&nbsp;Depending on the amount of text, the page may go wide.<br><br>Hope this helps,<br><br>G..

Thanks all--<br><br>I found a code snippet and a way to insert it into the Database Results Wizard code to make it work.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Mike

I would like the solution to this dilemma also.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back