Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text file to TIFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

crmayer

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
US
I was wondering if somebody can/could give me an example of code that would convert a text file to a tiff image?

I have created a text file and I need to convert it to a tiff file.

Any ideas?

Is this for sending it with WinFax? Then use the other interface/API to send text messages instead of tiff files.

No it is not.
I have to compile a text file from fields from our database, then convert this file to a compressed tiff image so we can import it into our paperless imaging system.

Unfortunatly we can not import a text file, it has to be in tiff format.

So what has the "compiled text file"? Or do you want to store a copy like if you printed and scanned the text file?

Cheers,
Dian

Well I think I found a solution, after talking with out software vendor, our imaging product should be able to import txt files... So I might not have to convert it.

But, to answer your question, I do not really even need the txt file... I was just creating thinking that it might be easier to convert a text file. I could just take the information I am pulling from the DB and create a tif image with it if that is possible.

What I still don't get is what kind of information you have in the DB that want to convert to an image. Is that a Blob or something similar?

Cheers,
Dian

You bring up a very good point...

It is not a blob, it is just plan text that we receieve and needs to be in a "form" format.

The same way as if you copied to Notepad, printed to a paper and scanned to a tiff?

Cheers,
Dian

Sounds like you have got the wrong paperless imaging system :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back