Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text field formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyfromoz

Technical User
Feb 1, 2001
AU
I have a client with an access/asp driven site. Currently, they cut and paste text from a word document into a text box. This text is then uploaded into a database, and the text can then be palced anywhere within the site.

Problem is the formatting is lsot. no paragraphs no fonts etc,

Is there anyway to allow people to upload text into a database and keep relevant formatting?

hi nippi,

I understand you are giving your client an administration control. Your client is filling the text but it not going the same way as it is in word. You should copy the text from word to dreamweaver, format it the right way and then copy the source of this text with html content to the text box.

This way the formatted text will be displayed.

I don't recommend saving the word as web page because you don't wanna see the code....

ChouCh,

My getout way round this is to have the user submit using very simple tags within the body of their text. Only a little bit of html knowledge needs to be passed on. Live long and make your kids suffer..

My client's webpage needs to be updated every three weeks, and has not got the budget for me to do it(and I don't want to).

Basic html tags is going to be the option I use I reckon. I know word html is messy but its not relaly that crucial for where its going.

Thanx for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back