Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text dissapears as soon as it hits the automatic return

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProperHudson

Technical User
Jun 28, 2005
CA
Hey, I couldn't find anything on this problem so feel free to point me in the right direction if you know of the proper link.

My problem/question is this: I have a large text box and when I start typing in it, as soon as the text hits the right side of box - when it should automatic return - my line dissapears and I get the overflow (red box with plus symbol in it) at the bottom. It doesn't matter how large this box is, and I can't seem to get that type (and it's only one line) to re-appear unless I hit backspace to back before the automatic return.

I've encountered this problem twice and for the life of me can't figure out why it's occuring. any suggestions?

thanks,

Try turning on "ignore text wrap" in the Text Frame Option dialog for the text object that's giving you the problem. The text is probably hitting against the wrap of a nearby object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back