Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Data Type Field Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjw21090

Technical User
Sep 18, 2000
US
I've got a text field in an Access database that is formatted for three (3) characters.

If I type "BVE" in the field and then exit the field, the feld changes to "BE".
What gives?
If I type "BvE" or "BVG" i.e., it works ok.
I would welcome any suggestions. [sig][/sig]

What do you mean " ... formatted for three characters ..."

If this refers to the width property of a control, you have probably sized the thing (text box?) with a specific set of characters. When you enter "true type" font characters, the width of the three characters varies with the letters/characters.

If you are refering to the table field width, the above does not apply, however you may have some autospell check feature &quot;correcting&quot; your spelling. [sig]<p>MichaelRed<br><a href=mailto:mred@duvallgroup.com>mred@duvallgroup.com</a><br>There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over[/sig]

From a VBA for Access 2000 module/procedure, how can I determine which field of an open form the cursor is in, i.e., has the focus. If I could poll for either the name or the tab index, that would meet my need, but I have not found a property command that will will give me the information I need.
Thanks for any hints.

pic,

You would, in general, probably get better response by posting a new thread/question when your topic is doesn't relate to the existing question.

For an answer to your question above, try loooking at the &quot;active Control&quot; property of the form.

MichaelRed
mred@duvallgroup.com
There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back