Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text colors changing when converting pdf to whiteboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kory27

Technical User
Feb 28, 2008
US
Hi everyone,

Here is my problem. I have pdf files created by someone else, with embedded fonts that are not in my font library. Now, I need to convert these files to one of 2 formats, powerpoint (.ppt) or whiteboard (.wdb). Here are my issues:

1. When converting to .ppt it replaces or omits important symbols like + signs (the docs are educational lessons, so extremely important). I know converting anything to powerpoint it a dangerous game, so I'm not too focused on this but if you have insight, I'm all ears.

2. When convert to .wdb I have the following problems:

- When I convert straight from pdf to wdb, my black text turns blue, and the red fonts turn white/invisible. Very bad.

- When I convert it to pdf/x first, it didn't do that any longer, but the whiteboard and pdf/x file had spacing irregularities.

My theory is that I could get it to convert correctly straight from the original pdf if I have the font, which I can purchase. I'd just like to see if anyone has any insight or experience with issues like this before I purchase them.

Thanks so much.

Kory

I have identified my issue as a problem with embedded fonts.

Have you tried saving the PDF's as graphic files - TIF or JPEG, and then bringing those into Powerpoint or Whiteboard ? If you need to save space, try saving as JPeg2000 - JPF format - much more compact than JPG.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back