Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Box Number increment with arrowing down

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMoore64

MIS
Nov 5, 2003
US
Here is my problem, I'm not an access guy, but I have to support a couple home made database at my job. We had Office 2003. Upgraded to Office 2010. In access 2003 we have a table with a Text box used to input check numbers. When you would enter a number and arrow down after the second or third input it would start to autopopulate the the next corresponding number:

Exapmle:
Type in# 10000
10002<-This is where it usually started to
auto fill the next number for me

If i open the same database with Access 2010. It doesn not work. Looked hign and low and i still can't figure it out.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks James

JM,

Try Tools -> Options -> Keyboard

There is an 'arrow key behaviour' option. If this doesn't work - look at all other options.

Regards,

Darrylle

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience.

I couldn't find the Tools -> Options -> Keyboard in access 2010.

Still stuck. any other ideas?

I trust/hope the mis-feature in Access 2003 was removed. If you desire a similar feature, I suggest you use some code in your data entry form that sets a default to the max value + 1.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

JM,

After revisiting this, I see that you refer to a text box.
A text box will be painted on a form. You seem not to be referring to table 'key' behaviour.
This being the case, you are referring to form / text box behaviour - this will be due to code behind the text box.

Right-click it, look at events in there. Is there anything defined? Any code that increments it's content?

Regards,

Darrylle

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back