Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text being hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnytripod

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2005
US
Even though I've set the HIDETEXT command to OFF (actually, it doensn't seem to matter, OFF or ON), text that is placed behind a 3D solid is still being hidden when that view is chosen. I thought that was what the HIDETEXT command was all about it. Am I missing something?

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

You're right, it should work. You might try setting it to zero (0) instead of "OFF" see if it helps. Also, make sure your text doesn't have a thickness of any kind associated with it - this will null the HIDETEXT variable.

HTH
Todd

Man, this is exasperating! Text no thickness, hidetext on OFF or 0 (or ON or 1), still becomes obscured. I went through the text style manager but no setttings that look like they apply. Others using the same add-on program (Microvellum) don't seem to have a problem. I wonder what setting I've changed to make this happen. Thanks for the help, though. Johnny

Is the problem the layer the text has been put on? Mine ends up on 2D_Text, perhaps due to the third party application I'm running (Microvellum). Is anyone who is running straight ACAD have their text end up on a different layer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back