Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text appearing as rubbish !! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHawkins

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
GB
Hello - I'm using V10 of Crystal and found that since installing it lots of text labels and fields seem to display random characters instead of there value within the report ....

Never had the problem in any other version - and I missing something here ???

For example the label 100% will appear as NMMB, yet click it to change and the value 100% is visble!

Sounds odd...

Perhaps it's a font issue, or the printer driver, try changing those.

-k

Very strange MrHawkins which temporal plain ar you working on LOL.

I've been Using V10 for last few months with no problems. Sorry can't be any more help.

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst
Manchester, England

lol ... Cheers for the input!

Rather strange but it appears as if certain fonts just don't work !!

Arial gives me the rubbish yet another doesn't ... how weird :S

I did upgrade from 8.5 to 10 so might just reinstall the whole lot and see what happens.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem???? I just upgraded from 8.5 to 9 and I am having the same type of problem..

By coincidence I came across this problem yesterday at a customers site...

The problem was related to the printer that the customer was using, if I changed the report to print on another printer, all the text fields displayed correctly.

To cure the problem, I had to set the printer properties (Not in Crystal, but Settings, Printers & Faxes) for the printer that was causing the problem to stop the driver from trying to use its own 'Printer Fonts' which fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back