Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TestKing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiscoKidUK

Vendor
Jun 11, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the latest verison of testking is????

I have TestKing 640-801 V109.pdf

Thanks

CiscoKidUK,

WHY?

Looking to be a "paper" CCNA???? :) :) :)

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Dump Testking!!!!

IMO....:)

R. Corrigan Jr.
Network+, (working on CCNA)

I completed the CCNA academy at a local community college about four years ago. I took the test once afterwards and came close but, failed it. Does anyone have any advice on how I would get current quickly and pass this thing?

MattyGmon1,

First - it has been a long time - after 4 years unless you are working with the stuff daily - you will have forgot a TON !!!

Also - try not to "piggy-back" on another post - start your own :) :)

1)Read Sybex CCNA Study Guide 2x front to back

2)Get 3 Cisco 2501/2503/2514 routers from eBay with 16 DRAM and 16 FLASH and practice EVERYTHING you read about in the book.

It would help to have a switch or 2 but they are not cheap - you might have to find a good SIM for those - Boson has a very good sim - they should have a FREE demo at
3) You said you completed the Cisco Academy - did you join the Academy alumni site when done - if so go to the site and get tools like the free SIM - Packet Tracer to work with as well as reviewing the online content.

If you did not you will need to contact the Academy you were at and see if they can help you get back in - most students just do not get all the extras that Cisco provides to the Academy and alumni of the academy.

4) Look over the prior posts here for lots of good info and links to free stuff on the CCNA.

Good luck but without more on your background and what you have been doing with networking over the past 4 years - best I can do!!

Good luck :)

E.A. Broda

Plus, CCNA these days is a LOT different than it was 4 years ago. I hear these days they teach MPLS.

Burt

Thanks to all, I am still a member of the alumni academy. I didn't think to check there.
Thanks-

Guys,

I am not trying to be a CCNA (papper) i work as network engineer and sat my ccna last monday and failed with 813 i just wanted the testking to see if i could find the questions i got wrong to help me study.

Thanks

Matt

CiscoKidUK,

That will not help! When you take the CCNA again chances are you will have all different questions - someone told us at Cisco Networkers that they have from 400 to 500 questions in the test bank not counting that they can change the order of the answers so questions can look a little different!

You DO NOT pass the CCNA by learning questions and answers - you learn CISCO and NETWORKING concepts! Those that do "learn" questions - are then "paper" CCNAs - I have seen too many "paper" CCNAs and MCSEs over the past 10 years :)

You got a report from Cisco on the areas that you did not do well - hit those areas and get some legit test software!

If you are like most "network engineers" that I have dealt with - you don't get your hands on the kind of stuff that Cisco tests you on for the CCNA - get 3 Cisco 2501/2503/2514 routers on eBay and practice what you read in the Sybex and Cisco Press books.

Then when you pass the CCNA - you will know your stuff and not be a "paper" CCNA!

Good luck!

E.A. Broda

Read a book or two for cryin' out loud!!!
Sybex and Todd Lammle are very good!!!
Burt

I also wanted to ask why such negative feelings tword test sims? I feel that as long as your not using those as the one source study material, that they are a wonderful tool. I personally have a hard time with reading being diagnosed with ADD, so I have used many different materials and have hands on expirience at the job I have now. Anything that will help one be more prepared the better.

eastinthewest,

Nothing wrong with legit exam sims or test sims if used correctly - that is you study the material with books, hands-on, CBTs etc. and then you "test" where you are and go back to the areas that you scored low in. Then you repeat until you are scoring in the high 90's. It does not do any good to learn questions and answers - you need to understand concepts so you can apply your trade and be a good CCNA, MCSE or whatever :)

Test Kings and brain dumps are copies of the real test and as far as I am concerned - they are cheating and lead to a thing called a "paper" cert!

Back in 1998 - 2000 Microsoft and others had a huge problem with "paper" certs with a thing called Troy Tecs which were study guides with questions which happened to be almost exactly like the MCSE exam - From what I understand Microsoft and maybe Cisco sued Troy and WON (since he was in the USA).

From what I understand - Test King is in China and can not be touched :-(

I would just love it if all these Test King users would put on the Cisco exam (when it asks for study material) that they used TK - wonder if they would still get the cert?

E.A. Broda

I have a hard time sometimes reading as well---I went to Cisco Academy because of this. Once I had a good foundation and was able to pass the CCNA, reading was not that bad---I read books and had hands on with home routers and switches to pass my CCNP a year later.Also, yes---hands on is very important. If you read up to the first post in this thread, you see that someone simply asked for the latest version of TestKing, not on advice of how to study for the CCNA.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back