Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

testking & test-king ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercu1es23

Technical User
Oct 19, 2004
US
Hi,

Users of testking material .....is there a difference between testking.com and test-king.com ??

I need to buy some reasonably priced exam material for 70-296............. but saw these two sites.......that even looks the same....

please advise ....

Or, what other reasonably priced resource can i get ?
My first choice would be Transcender but i can't afford that right now !!! Testking seems to be a popular and helpful choice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Interesting...it makes sense that they hold both domains, but weird that each url goes to a different starting page.

I've always just gone to testking.com. They do look identical though...

D

It appears that those two domains are owned by two different companies.

The domain testking.com has privacy protection on, so I can't see wuch in the whois. The dns is provided by name-services.com. The test-king.com domain is provided by SITEPROTECT.COM.

testking.com is hosted off of datapipe.net's bandwidth, while test-king.com is hosted off of level3's bandwidth.

Based on this I would say they are different companies.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(My very old site)

hercu1es23 said:
Or, what other reasonably priced resource can i get ?

Well, aside from the who owns which website, I'd caution against using Testking material, or any other braindump, as exam prep material. Many times the answers are missing or incorrect, and going into an exam with incorrect information is simply a waste.

The Microsoft Press book for 70-296 should include a CD of test material. The Microsoft Press books that I've used all have, and this test material is just as rigorous as the exam (in some cases more so).

Considering that the Microsoft Press books are less expensive than ordering from Testking, this seems like the most reasonable option to me.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Thanks all.

I have recently gotten the microsoft press books s with the relevant CDs.

I guess i will give it a go with this !!!

Hmmm...Denny's on to something there...I tried to log into test-king with my testking credentials and couldn't get in...the testking.com site is legit though...not sure what test-king.com is about.

As for avoiding testking, I don't know if that's valid...it just depends on what you want to use it for. If you just want a brain dump, I'd stay away: the exams are supposed to test your skill on the material, not whether you can memorize questions for an exam. However, if you have the experience adn knowledge and just want to get better at taking the exams, then testking is excellent!

MS books can be good or horrible. I help coordinate certification study groups within my .NET User Group, and all the guys who are studying up for the XML Web Services exam say the book is absolute trash. On the flipside, I've really enjoyed and benefited from the Windows and Web books in the series...so my point is don't just assume that an MS book is going to be the best out there. Que also offers really good study guides. Research on these is always the best thing to start with though.

hth

D'Arcy

There are numerous "legitimate" test preparation tools much less expensive than the poxy "brain-dumps" offered by TK and their inbred cousins...

Just a note, if you use a so-call "brain-dump" to prepare, it is not a good idea to mention that to an employer who is certified by Microsoft as they're legally bound to terminate you and tell Microsoft who you are...

Frankly the people who get MCSEs without the requisite hands-on experience are wasting their money as it won't get them a good job anyway...

Follow the rules and your life will be a lot more pleasant!

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

JTB, thanks for the post. I guess I had just grouped TestKing in with Self Test and Transcender because of the pay-for-content, but after doing a bit of googling I think I have a different view...

D

Thanks for the kind words... I really am sorry to be so opinionated... I guess I'm just a curmudgeon... but I want all the folks here to be successful... and that means no fake shortcuts to disaster... interviews are precious and should not be wasted...

Good Hunting!!

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

hercu1es23: is very good as well. It's updated regularly. You still need to know your stuff, but this is a good way to see how the tests are laid out and it a good way to prepare as it gives you an example of what the tests are like and what you might encounter if you haven't taken any. But trust me, even with them, it's not a sure way to pass, however, it does help, and out of all the resources I've looked at, this is the best one I've found. I just got out of school and we would all bounce our advice off of each other.

ActualTest = TestKing i guess ...

MCSE NT 4.0
MCSE 2003 Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back