Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testking question and reference book!! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuka

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
AU
Hi

Im about to sit the CCNA and i've been using Testking V18 as sample questions and review. All referances are to
Steve McQuerry. Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices. (Cisco Press: 2000)

Im trying to find this book as a PDF online or the 2002 version. I can not find it any where. I have looked.Most say it is but it is not. mosts are the wednell book. I can not afford to buy this book. I would if I could .

thanks in advance

Thanks Techy69,

Thanks for the info, I had done that simulator. Its OK but you have to enter things in full no short stuff.

I have actually sat the exam yesterday. missed out by 15 points. will be sitting again in 2 weeks.

Got one simulator question at the end of the exam and ran out of time it was find the problem in the network. The prob was between reouter 2 & 3 with the 3rd router called coconut.
Since I ran out of time I had to skip it. Proberly lost 15 points in that question alone.

DoH!!!

S

That would do it. The simulators have multiple points to them, for each step within. Miss a whole simulation and it will definitely fail you. I took it twice also and missed the first one by about what you did. It is easier the second time around once you have seen it. Good luck on the retake!

Cliff, CCNA/MCSE/MCSA 2000
Network Systems Engineer

Where can I get the testking v18 from I have the ICND manual.

Hi Techy69,

I did the exam again and passed this time. In some ways Im glad I fail the first time. It gave me more time to sudy and better understand the material.

I passed with a 975/1000. Now to try and get a job in that area.

But I guess I will do more study down the MCP/MCSA/MCSE path.

Take care all.

PS gismo007 if you have the true icnd book I would like it. I can get you V18 of test king. But it has exactly the same questions as V8.2. plus another 50 or so questions.

Not another Testking buff. Do you guys really have to cheat your exmas to become a CCNA?

If you have years of experience, then it is just reference material. Companies are now looking at certs more than experience. To stay ahead of the game we must do all that we can to maintain our status in this ever changing field. I currently maintain a very large network, and do not have the time or money to waste. Every little edge I can get is money well spent.
Now, on another note, I do not believe the TestKing should be the only material or experience anyone should utilize before obtaining a job with the CCNA certification.
Just my opinion, take it as you will.

Cliff, CCNA/MCSE/MCSA 2000
Network Systems Engineer

I agree.

Using Just testking as you way of passing a exam is not the way to go. You might be able pass a email but not understand what you are doing.

Just for you info ecafracs I also did a 6 month part time course before sitting the exam and reading several books for the CCNA.

I just found the test king question a great way of testing myself. read a question try to answer it. if not research the area of that question.

Dont shoot everyone who uses testking resources!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back