Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TestKing Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptoti

Programmer
Oct 25, 2004
US
I have a CIS degree (4yr) and worked as a programmer for a few years. I have been teaching middle school since 2002 and am trying to get a faculty position a college. I need to have two certs by next Tuesday (I was told that A+ and Network+ were the easiest). I am using TestKing to cram for Core now. Took the online TK test and scored a 620 (failed), but the average score - according to TK - is 32. I remember a lot from school but know very little about hardware. Should I do anything different?

A+ is no longer considered "the easiest". The new objectives are quite broad. You haven't given yourself very much time. Network+ is pretty straight forward and shouldn't give you much trouble.

TK is a classic braindump. They make every effort to copy the exact exam questions, word for word. When you consider that there are typically three forms of each exam, times two exams (Core & OS), 90 questions per exam, that comes to approx. 540 questions. If you are planning on memorizing questions and answers, you better get buzy.

Nothing beats proper study and experience. Braindumps bring the matter of ethics to the table and if you are using this method to secure a teaching position, well ...

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Glister,
Thanks for the info. Actually, the hiring director at the college suggested looking at test banks on the web to expedite my learning. I didn't mention before that I also have a MAT in Educational Technology, and so am a good fit for the position. However, one of the requirements are two certs (they don't care which ones). I've been using TestKing to pinpoint my weak areas (motherboards, beep codes, IRQs, connection matches). The troubleshooting areas are common sense (at least for me).

Do you have any suggestions for an easier one than A+? I'm a quick study, and already have a lot of background understanding.

Thnx

I-Net+ is probably the easiest of all the CompTIA exams.

Check out the certifications with the Electronics Technicians Association-International.
A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

I can not say A+ and Network + are the easiest but they are excellent entry level certs as evidanced by the various sites on their surveys. I you are taking A+ and N+ you can get more material on tests and some cram sheets for free from the following sites.

(good)

hope you get certified.

Tell me more about programming.

Zii

Wow! I appreciate all the help I'm getting! Nichzii, I'll get back with you on programming after I take my tests . . .

Wow,

I don't know what to really say about this other than that I, as a student, would be weary of taking a class from someone that got certs via a braindump as opposed to actually "knowing" the material. That's really an issue with alot of Computer Professors. When I was getting my Associates at the Community College, I actually had a professor who was "certified" but didn't really know her stuff. Being certified doesn't make you "know" the material.

Just my two cents.

-Don

"If you want to make a difference, you have to be different. That's the deal."
-Kevn Kinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back