Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing XML File

Status
Not open for further replies.

bekind4u

Programmer
Feb 3, 2005
US
Posted a previous question about Flash Charting Components and received no replies, so I think my question was too broad. I'm trying to get a component to work without any documentation. The component has the following parameters: data, chart colors, labels. The data value creates the segment size, the other explanatory. I created an xml file with the following structure: <code>
<segment>
<value = 20 />
<color = #FF0000 />
<label = "CHO" />
</segment>
</code>
repeating for 3 segments. I have imported the schema. I've tried several databinding attempts to not joy. Perhaps with this better description there's someone out there who is familiar with components enough to clue me in on how I can get this to work? I don't know if I'm failing on the xml schema (very likely), the binding (very likely), etc. I can't decipher what I should do from the reference help section within Flash. No searches have provided any assistance. I'm truly lost....

The problem is that if you are using Flash charting components v1.0 they are not compatible with MX 2004 (and so couldn't be bound to an XMLConnector). Personally I would love to help but I do not have Charting Components v2.0.

Good luck.

If you would please clarify for me. I have Flash Charting Components 2, installed with MX2004 Pro. The version number of the Charting Components 2 package is actually v1.5.0. I paid about $100 for this package, which includes bar charts, pie charts, line charts, and a legend. I do have a support question into macromedia... I sent it to customer service asking if I had purchased the correct components and they referred to tech support. That question is still unanswered for me, but I would be surprised if I didn't have the correct components. Getting it to work... different story. Although I picked up a new book from Nate Weiss that hopefully will help me plod along. Thank you.

If it says Flash Charting Components 2 then that's what it is. Came with Developers Resource Kit right? Charting Components 1 is avaialble free on the Macromedia Exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back