Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing M5216 and M5316 telephones 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave1738

Vendor
Mar 7, 2007
US
I have an opportunity to repair/refurbish a quantity of M5216 and M5316 Nortel telephones. We are an Avaya dealer and are not familiar with these phones. I understand they are used in an ACD environment. Do I need to have an ACD to activate and check out these phones? Are schematics available? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Wrong forum but to test 5000 series phones you either need a centrex line from your CO or a simulator.

Thanks for your rapid reply. Any idea what a centrex line runs from Verizon? Typically what should I have to pay for a simulator?

Dave

Those are P-phones. They are digital Centrex phones that get their programming from the C.O. You have to have test eq to properly test them.

Thanks all for your responses. Does anyone know what test equipment is used for these phones?

You need to find the company that makes the TTS-100 simulator.
Sorry I don't remember who it is.

THose phones operate off of Nortel DMS-100 propietary digital signal. The sets work with a TELCO service known as Electronic Buis. Sets EBS. The line translations must include the Line Class Code of the set LCC M5216. All features and button assingments are built via TELCO translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back