Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing Database Connectivity to DB2 through Merant JDBC Test 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brien

Programmer
Jan 2, 2003
BE
Hi

I am trying to use JDBC Test provided by Merant to
test the connectivity to DB2 datbase(UDB on Winodws NT)

Actually my ultimate aim is to get the data from DB2
databse which I have installed on Windows NT as an ETD in
my eGate schema. But rather than facing errors in the
middle of programming I would first like to test
first,whether I can achieve simple connectivity .

I gave the following URL in the jdbctest Merant utility to connect to db2 database. :-
jdbc:SeeBeyond:db2://localhost:50000;databaseName=SAMPLE;
collectionId=JDBCPKG=;packageName=JDBCPKG;embedded=true;
createDefaultPackage=TRUE;replacePackage=TRUE

and then entered UserName and password.

However I am getting following error :
getConnection() Failed:
Message: [SeeBeyond][DB2 JDBC Driver][DB2] Logon Error: DISTRIBUTION PROTOCOL ERROR:

REASON PRCCNVRM (SYNTAXRM),
check connection properties [/b]
Vendor: -30000
State: 58008

1> what should be the server name ? In above case I have given localhost because db2 is

locally installed on my machine.

2> My db2java.zip file is in the folder :-
D:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java

Can anybody help ?

Hi ,

Did u install the Merant JDBC drivers on ur machine??.

You should need to give the user id and pwd for the DB2 database and I am working with VSAM eWay and here is how my config file looks like, this may help u out :)...

DataSource|driver|value=com.merant.sequelink.jdbc.SequeLinkDriver|set=com.merant.sequelink.jdbc.SequeLinkDriver
DataSource|jdbc url|value=jdbc:sequelink://10.240.19.18:19996;Datasource\\o075COL240IMG.HTS.LOCAL|set=jdbc:sequelink://10.240.19.18:19996;Datasource\o075COL240IMG.HTS.LOCAL,jdbc:sequelink://10.240.19.18:19996;Datasource\\o075COL240IMG.HTS.LOCAL
DataSource|user name|value=ngiddal|set=ngiddal
DataSource|password|value=07E5B8ECF3834A66.

-Nag
SeeBeyond Consultant

Did you ever resolve this problem? What version of DB2 are you using?

Here's some additional information that may help you:

We have been using the SeeBeyond DB2 driver for over a year without a problem. Your connect command is the same as ours except:
1)We use collectionId=DEFAULT
2)The very first time you connect, don't specify the replace option. This will create the JDBC packages (JDBCPKGA, B & C) in the database. To see them, open DB2 Control Center, and drill down to Packages under Application Objects.
3) After the packages have been created, you don't specify the createDefaultPackage option either.

We just upgraded from DB2 7.2.7 to 8.1.4 in a prototype environment, and now we get the same error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back