Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing a PRI circuit 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

phnechic

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
US
We had a PRI circuit added to a location today. A test DID number was set up. The last 4 digits of the number are passed to the PBX. We configured the last 4 digits on a set and tried test calls, but the PBX keeps rejecting the calls, indicating "unassigned number". My config follows. Any ideas?

Here are the DCH messages I see when I try to call the test number:
DCH 11 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND REF 00000500 CH 8 1 TOD 14:58:06 CK 3C1F4DE3
CALLED #:1643 NUM PLAN: UNKNOWN TON: UNKNOWN
PROGRESS: CALL IS NOT END TO END ISDN

DCH 11 UIPE_OMSG CC_REJECT_REQ REF 00008500 CH 8 1 TOD 14:58:06 CK 3C1F4E02
CAUSE: #1 - UNASSIGNED NUMBER

Test number ends in 1643

Assigned 1643 as the DN on key 00 of an M2616

DES 2499
TN 003 0 00 06
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTA FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFA MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTA CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTU DNDY DNO3 MCBN

CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 000
LHK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 1643 0
01 SCR 8499 0 MARP
CPND
NAME PHONE ROOM
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 TRN
03 AO6
04 PRK
05 CFW 4
06 TRC
DATE 9 AUG 2006

PRI route
TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 10
DES PRI
TKTP DID
M911_ANI NO
M911_TONE NO
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC NI2
CBCR NO
NCOS 0
SBN NO
PNI 00000
NCNA YES
NCRD YES
CHTY BCH
CPFXS YES
CPUB OFF
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
INTC NO
DSEL 3VCE
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 8010
TCPP NO
PII NO
TARG 02
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096

IENB 5

PAGE 002

VSS 0
VGD 6
DRNG YES
NDRI 00
CDR NO
VRAT NO
MUS YES
MRT 3
EQAR NO
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

One of the PRI trunks
TN 008 01
TYPE DID
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK PRI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 0
RTMB 10 1
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
NITE
STRI/STRO OWK OWK
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD HKD
P10 VNL
TKID
DATE 7 AUG 2006

Court,

Try turning signaling on and off on the D-Channel. This would be in LD 96.

This is not the MSGI on the D-Channel, rather an actual signaling services on the D-Channel. I had to do it when we turned up the PRI's at CORP, so this might be all you need. I don't remember the actual command, but it should be in the NTP.

Good luck, and you know how to reach me if you have any other questions,

Scott M.

enl serv dis serv, are the commands

is this the 1st pri on this switch? if so did you tell the switch that you want 4 digits tone?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the assist JP. It would be the first PRI for this switch, but it has always had 4 digit via analog DID and MCDN PRI's between other switches.

This is a project the my previous employer is working on, as well as a project I started; at least in the planning stages.

Scott M.

Thanks to both of you! Yes, Scott this is the project just as you left it....I'm just working on the implementation. I was able to get the test number to work by adding an extension into LDN0. You guys are great, and I really appreciate the quick response. You are like the dream team of technical knowledge!

What is LDN0 set to in the Customer Data Block. If you are resolving on 4 digits, you have to have a 4 digit number (any 4 digits will do) in the LDN0 prompt in the CDB.

analog did's do not use that field scott, good to see your alive and well, if you have time could you post a faq on your finding on path replacement problems? been a couple of tough ones come up on that lately and i haven't been able to locate your past post on that issue

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Nearly always the unassigned number is that Nortel is being sent a number it does not recognise or configured, is the other end really sending 4 digits or may 5. Check in D- channel messages and look for the incoming number

JP,

I added a FAQ that goes over as much as I could think of early on a Friday regarding path replacemnet, Q.SIG and the D-Channel settings. Please add anything you feel is missing.

Scott M.

If the LDNO is set incorrectly on a PRI DID span, will that cause D-channel negotiation to fail? I am seeing the D-channel come up for 20-40 seconds and that and then the CO releases the connection (RLS REMOTE).

I have verified the usual suspects, B8ZS/ESF, IFC=NI2, 23B+D, COT=ATT (tried STD as well - the switch is the model that came after the ESS5)

Yes.....if LDNO is not the same number of digits you have as DNs.....the call will fail to terminate correctly. So if you are using 4 digit extension numbers, you need a four digit LDN0 (doesn't matter what the number is, the length of the number is what matters). If you have 5 digit extension numbers, and your numbering plan works to look at the last 5 digits of what is being sent, then LDN0 needs to be 5 digits long.

Thanks lretrievers.

Another question - even if the length of the number is wrong, I understand that the call will not terminate correctly, but the mismatching lengths will not have an effect on D-channel negotiation, will it?

Cheers,

John.

D-channel negotiation as far as the signalling going on should work; what typically happens on the mismatch of LDN0 is D-channel messaging comes across with a call rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back