Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TestConnectivity method fails in windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDL

Technical User
Jan 1, 2001
AU
I had my web application in windows NT and it was working fine.I moved my web application to windows 2000 and it was giving problem while invoking the report as an activex object.I am using ASP and backend is SQL Server 6.5.I establish connectivity directly and not through ODBC.The segment of code used for connectivity is
session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Item(1).SetLogOnInfo cstr(s_server), cstr(s_database), cstr(s_userid),cstr(s_pwd)

session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Item(1).Testconnectivity
returned false in Windows 2000 but returned true in Windows NT.
Is there anything additional to be done in Windows 2000?
Thanks for reading.Any kinf of help or suggestion is welcome, I am running out of time and have to deliver in another 2 days time.Thanks a lot.

CDL: As suggested in your other thread - try changing to Tables(1) from Tables.Item(1) and see if this works David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

Thanks for the suggestion.I changed to Tables(1) instead of Tables.Item(1), but still the problem exists.Any idea?

Not only for SQL Server,but when I try to connect to an mdb database through ODBC I get the same error.I don't know why SetLogonInfo method does not work.I have been trying for the past 3 days, but still no results.
What database are you using to display the reports using Windows 2000 web server? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back