Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Test Lab help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepthought42

Programmer
Mar 24, 2002
GB
Hi all,

just a simple question requiring a simple answer.

Can anybody point me towards a site that describes how to set up a test lab for win2K pro and win2k Server??????.

I have 2 computers both with win2k pro installed.

What I would like to do is dual boot both computers for either op system.

I have read that to dual boot the disks must be formatted with FAT32 however my disks are formatted with NTFS, therefore can I still dual boot these two op systems???

Any greatly appreciated

D

NTFS will allow you to dual boot to either. If you've got 2kp on both, just stick the server CD/s in and install. Next boot you'll habe boot.ini showing both on both.

i.e. Yes you can.

One thing - you'll need 2 partitions (or drives) on both machines (one for each operating system - its not a good idea to install more than one operating system in a single partition). Which means if you currently have one drive with one partition taking up all the space you'll need Partition Magic or similar to shrink existing partition to make room for second, or start from scratch.

Thanks to both Zelandakh and wolluf you solved my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back