Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Test Environment!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

job1

Technical User
Mar 12, 2004
US
Hi

I have a BO environment , I wanted to create a test environment. What would be the process I need to follow?

1. I have created a new database
2. Installed the same version of BO in the test server and created the repository.

Now what should I do...

Do I need to take a copy of the existing repository and paste it in the new repository ... I dont have much idea on this

Any document reference will be helpful.

I believe that the Business Objects company line is that you should stick with one repository and create domains for DEV, TEST, and PRODUCTION.

But lots of people prefer separate repositories. Since you've created a new repository, there's some stuff already in the B.O. tables of the new database. You need to truncate these tables, then copy the data from the original repository. Where the data is depends on your RDBMS. We use Oracle and the user is "boadmin" - so we copy the boadmin schema in Oracle from one server repository to another.

After you've copied the data from the original repository to the new repository, you need to fix modify the connections for the universe and document domains to connect to the test database instead of the production database...using Supervisor and the BOMain key that points to the new repository.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back