Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

test calling cgi pgm

Status
Not open for further replies.

petbully

Technical User
Dec 6, 2009
US
Hi,

I'm trying to test my cgi program by enter ip addr, pgm name, and parm like below but I got error message saying web page cannot be found.
This happens after I changed my computer. What do I need to install or configure?

Thank in advance

1: where is ASP in this question?
2: what did you change?
3: Apache? IIS? version?

If you changed server: check the permissions of the CGI-BIN directory (compare them).
Check webuser permissions.
I believe you for IIS7 you need to enable CGI:
First, go to the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager snap-in. Click on the server in the Connections list, and then click on "ISAPI and CGI Restrictions" under the IIS features view. Here you'll want to specify the path to a specific cgi application that you want to allow. Optionally, here you could also allow any cgi app to run, but that's not recommended.

Next, go back to the server (or a specific website) and click on Handler Mappings. You may already have a "CGI-exe" handler (for *.exe) that is disabled by default. Enable this, or add a new one (Request path = *.exe, Module = CgiModule, Name = whatever you like). In the handler permissions you'll need to have "Execute" checked.

(Google "enable cgi iis7" for more)

Does cgipgmname use include files? check path/ permissions.
Does cgipgmname has a redirect? idem

Hi,

1: where is ASP in this question?
I'm not calling ASP. I'm calling cgi program directly. The reason that I do this is because I want to view xml file that my cgi pgm created.

2: what did you change?
The only I changed is the new pc. So it must be something that I need to configure or install.

3: Apache? IIS? version?
I'm not using Apache. IIS is version 5 something.

>This happens after I changed my computer.
Which computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back