Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TES824 BV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidypants

Technical User
Feb 8, 2010
GB
Hi all,

On the TES824 how can i have a extension hunting group land on an extensions VM box?

So incoming calls goes to X201 then after 20 secs goes to every extensions then i want it to land on a VM box if not answered. How can this get implemented.

There is a 2 way channel voice messaging card installed.

we don't have an ext 2xx or ring groups on our 824!

simple answer is you can't, you would be better off with an answering machine on an extension.
There are people that will come back with a work around( and I was one ot them once) with spare co's an that, but it is not worth it.

OK thanks for your response.

So the messaging card is basically redundant as they have analogue lines on different numbers. So a caller will get hunted round but with no answer or if they are busy will end up nowhere?

heres how disa works on that box you can have a key press ring
a group of phones but you have no overflow after that
if you press a key that is mapped to an ext that is call fwd
busy/no answer to BV the caller will wind up in the that mailbox if the ext is setup properly

You can do this via interrupts. You need to use the BVM and set calls to go to an OGM first then have intercept after a set amount of time of not being answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back