Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terranova scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymans

Programmer
Sep 7, 2001
US
Has anyone ever used or come across scripts in Terranova that copy vector contents into a capture dump?

Apparently you can automate Terranova to start a capture, go into each vector, display each screen of the vector and then complete the command and move onto the next vector, using a defined list in the script.

We regularly audit our annoucement usage, so this would be a huge help.

Any help in finding the info or help with creating scripts would be appriciated.

There is a lot of useful stuff in the help section of Terranova. There are also some basic scripts to get you started. Your script would look something like this:

SEND "disp vec 1 pr /r”
WAIT 30
SEND "disp vec 2 pr /r”
WAIT 30
Etc……….

Start a screen capture, launch the script, come back in 30 minutes. If you are skilled in excel, you can put the (SEND “disp vec) in a column, the vector number in the next, (pr /r”) in the next and just cut and paste to complete the script for all 512 vectors. Let us know if you have issues or need more help.
-CL

How could this be adapted for a list usage ext script, as that is a variable time to complete each line?

Cheers

Terranova also allows DDE connections. I was able to build an access database that runs VBA code that opens terranova, logs-in, runs commands, captures screen data into tables and logs off automatically. I mostly use it to grab DS1 reports and such. For security I would also recommend building a seperate login that cannot make any changes to the system.

VLG711

Hi,
Where can I get Terranova?
We currently use DSA but I cant find any way to do this kind of thing at the moment so Im manually doing a list usage on hundreds of ann extensions!

Help! Hope this helps
John

Hi,
Where can I get Terranova?
We currently use DSA but I cant find any way to do this kind of thing at the moment so Im manually doing a list usage on hundreds of ann extensions!

Help! Hope this helps
John

Terranova was discontinued far prior to DSA. I tried to do sell/collaborate with Greg Terranova about 3 years ago only to find Lucent was no longer interested his program. DSA is very powerfull and does stuff Terranova never could. DSA still cannot replicate everything from Terranova, especially the scripting. Find a 1999 or 2000 Lucent catalog and get the Terranova PEC code. Maybe they will still sell you something they consider outdated software. -CL

For caleb2002, you could do a "list extension" screen capture. Paste the output into excel using SEND "list usage ext" in the prior column, with the proper wait and return commands from the prevoius posts into the following column. -CL

You can get a copy of Procomm from Symantec. I script out monthly Audix reports and Definity captures using the 4410 terminal emulation in Procomm. As an example, the commands listed above would be scripted like this in Procomm:

TRANSMIT "disp vec 1 pr /r”
PAUSE 30
TRANSMIT "disp vec 2 pr /r”
PAUSE 30
Etc……….

To hanlde varying ending times for a command, you would use the "Waitfor" command in Procomm to have specific text trigger the next command.
e.g. WAITFOR "Page 4" forever.

The DDE commands are also available like in Terrnova. I usually just parse out the text capture instead. Robert Harris
Communications Advantage

If you have ASA 1.10 you also have ATE (Avaya Terminal Emulator). Suprise!! It is impossible to tell the difference btween ATE and Terranova. All of my old scripts still work. Some of the items have been removed but the majority of the program still exists in ATE. I was VERY pleased to see the Teranova terminal emulator make a come back!!

Thanks

Chris

Hi you guys,
I am just getting started using Teranova to do a list usage on my announcement extensions to see which ones are redundant but Im havin a few problems.
I can get the data exported to a text file ok using the scripts mentioned above but the output is just a jumble of characters which I cant decypher.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? its probably something stupid! Hope this helps
John

I have done the list usage reports using a wait 80 command but in Terannova it brings back a load of garbage (like th command li usa ext *** 15 times). This meant I had 7000 rows in excel when only 800 were useful

I suppose the screen is updating frequently on this report so is outputting this extra unwanted data.

I was wondering if anyone had scripted this using ASA 1.10 and if it was more succesful??

Where can I get a copy of Terranova or a updated version of DSA? I currently have DSA version R1 5.05. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back