Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terranova modem problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblcrona

MIS
Jan 3, 2002
US
I am on Definity G3si rel 6. We still use Terranova software so I can dial into the Definity from my desk. I can not, however, dial into my Intuity Audix system. Avaya can dial in just fin so I'm confident it is not a problem with the modem configuration on the Intuity box. When I rey to dial in with Terranova from my PC usong an 8400B Plus modem I get a System Busy error. Any ideas on what is set up incorrectly?

Ken Johnson
ITT Industries, Engineered Process Solutions Group

Make sure you are calling the same phone number. Are you dialing a 4 digit 7 digit. Are the dial commands correct in the PC? Can you get a hand shake from the VM box from your phone on the desk?

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Phoneman2

When I dial the number from my phone I hear the modem tones like it is trying to connect. I have tried dialing the 4-digit and the 7-digit and neither works. Everything in the PC seems to be set correctly.

Ken Johnson

I would look again at the pc setting. If your dialing a four digit extension make sure your not dialing a 9 to get an outside line and if you are going outside then you may need the 9. Next test would be to use HYPER-terminal on the pc to dial and see if that works.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

I don't think you are able to dial an analog modem with a digital data-module.

-CL

lopes1211,

Isn't that what I'm doing when I dial into my Definity system? That works just fine.

Ken Johnson

No, you're probably dialing a 4 digit digital netcon hunt group number. You are not dialing the PBX's analog rmats POTS modem.

-CL

lopes1211,

You're right. Is there a way I can set this up for the Intuity side?

Ken Johnson

None, that I'm aware of. Most people admin the audix through IP. Assuming your PC and audix are on the same lan, just telnet to the IP address.

-CL

lopes1211,

Unfortunately our Intuity system is not on connected to our LAN. I'm quite sure that we did not get a NIC with it either. Thanks for all your help!

Ken Johnson

You should still be able to dial in using a standard modem on your pc. not the data module.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back