Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terranova login frozen 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesaz

Vendor
Dec 18, 2006
US
I logged into a very old Guestworks and chose 513 as the terminal type. The function keys wouldn't work, so I used either "clear" or "cancel" to return to the login, chose another terminal type (maybe 4425?), entered the command "add sta next", the screen came up, but the function keys still won't work and neither does clear or cancel, so I am basically stuck on that screen (and incidentally looking pretty stupid to a new client.) Any suggestions? Thanks! D

You have to be very old and have had a copy forever :) In this case, I was actually logging in on-site, but I also have copies of Terranova on CD and on my server - old dogs don't like to learn new tricks, I guess and I don't work on newer Definity products - just keep the old ones going.

The same thing happened here but lucky for me no one was around to witness. After several hours of pushing buttons I remember pressing a combination of 2 buttons that unlocked the terminal. It has been 4 or 5 years since then :) but if you have these buttons you might a combo:

clear/refresh - CMD - Cancel - END - Close

Esc capitol O (not zero) small w enter at newterm is 4410

When I went back on site the terminal was back to login - yeah! However, with either 513 or 4410 or 4425 the function keys don't work; but I realized that without number lock all the functions were on the keypad so I was able to move around in 515 emulation. Thanks to everyone - I saved the suggestions. But check out the new ?? about remote access...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back