Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terninal Session hangs up when logging off

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmeche

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2003
US
Windows 2003 Terminal Server hangs up when logging off the RDP Client. I did try to log on using the administrator account also as well as running the RDP client on the server. It hangs even in all these different scenarios.

I am afraid you are not being clear with your question. Are you saying that attempts to connect fail or that after connecting when disconnecting you want the session still active?

Are you trying to use the server in Applicaiton Sharing Mode or Admin Mode?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

The server works fine to log into and run the necessary applications (this is in application mode), however when logging off it hangs up at the logging off screen, we have to kill it with the terminal server manager. This happens with all users including administrator, this also happen if I try to run a terminal session directly from the server.

OK, so you are having problems when you click Start, Loggoff and not expecting the session to be killed when you click the red X right?

THere is a settign within Terminal Services Manager to automatically log off disconnected sessions. Enable that setting and it should eliminate your need to manually do it.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

bmeche - I've started experiencing exactly this problem with W2K3 Standard edition. It seems to have been related to the recent Security Update? The problem is intermittant for me, however the logoff process seems to be much longer than it used to even when my remote session finally gets disconnected.

Irksome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back