Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

termsrv.exe - Application Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

karenM

MIS
Apr 28, 2001
US
Application popup: termsrv.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77fc91b6" referenced memory at "0x00130088". The memory could not be "read".
Application popup: termsrv.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77fc90cd" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".

there were several different referenced mamory addresses in a row

I am getting this error and the Citrix Server locks up. Has anyone seen this error before? Evan after rebooting the server it reoccured. Our consultant put a patch that seemed to stop it but I would like to know if possible the cause of it. I have two Citrix server running Metaframe 1.8 on Win2K boxes (Compaq Proliants) This happened a couple of days in a row..
We are considering rebuilding but due to our configuration it will be an expensive and time consuming operation and I am wary that this will happen again.
I am a new to Citrix and appreciate any insight you may have.
Thank you

Rebuild is unlikely to fix but adding SP2 to Citrix (and the relevant NT/Win2k patch) would also fix many problems. Have any other changes been made. I have seen this type of problem with many different types of software but you should read the printer FAQ in this forum just in case as printers drivers are a good place to start in the search for reliability.

Did you get a resolution to your error. We are also experiencing the same type of error. Windows 2000 Server Metaframe 1.8, and a Compaq PC. The client application is Access 2000 (adp) and connects to SQL Server 2000 for the data. We experienced the error when one of our SQL statements was not checking for nulls and included a null value in a concatenation. Also, we were developing an Access program in Citrix and got the same type of error when the app got corrupted. We went to a backup copy and the error went away. This is making us uneasy about the Citrix environment and any calming news would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jerry

We are using a SQL/VB6 program as well on the Citrix.

We applied all the patches, Compaq, Citrix, new ICA client and Win2K. That error is not reoccuring..I also went into printing properties and told the server to only recognize the default printer of any Win clients. Have you tried that yet?

We have had challenges with Citirx and still do..and are still uneasy about it at times

Good luck..hope this helps

Another common theme, in the search for reliability, is to schedule a reboot at regular intervals. Some people use this to delete temporary and profile files as a cleanup exercise. Keep searching!

I concur completely with TheOtherKiwi - you wouldn't run a PC for 100 days without rebooting, so if you have 100 users logging into one server, and running apps on it, you should reboot it every day.

Terminal Server is still relatively young, and so teething problems are to be expected. What many seem to forget is that not everything will work "out of the box" in this environment. Applications will only work with Windows 2000 if they were rewritten or designed for it.

This is why I've published 2 FAQs on building a test environment - it really will save you many kudos (and your company a lot of stress and money :))

The simple key is; If you don't KNOW it will work, test it.

(Chances are, it will, with a few tweaks).

Good luck!

I had this same problem occur after I installed new Citrix Licensce.. everything worked ok until the licensce upgrade..
now I'am rebuliding the 2000 server..........

I too have seen this error and the printers is certainly worth a look. The error occured on our system when print drivers which were incompatible were used with Win2k and Metaframe 1.8

Hope This helps.

Nick

Thanks for all the information. We were able to solve one
error by rewriting an SQL statement. This statement was
concatenating a comma between the last and first name of
a client. We removed the comma from the concatenation and
the error went away in Citrix. It does not error in a fat client environment.

We are also experiencing slow print times on some PC's. There seems to be lots of information on the printing topic so we will try some of the tuning suggestions. I think part of it is bandwidth since the PC's on a cable connection print reports okay. One of the slow printing PC's is on an ISDN connection.

We reboot every night so the Citrix resources should be refreshed each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back