Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

terminating extension group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florchita

MIS
Jan 17, 2002
US
Hi,

I've created one terminating extension group, but the only thing I don't know how to solve is the message lamp indicator.
I have two extensions, 7098 and 7099 that ring when somebody calls to extension 7079, and I want to show new messages for 7079 in 7098 phone. How do I do this?
Thanks!

You can try changing 7078's message lamp to be active for 7079 instead of 7078 (though on some phones this will not work properly), or you can add a button "aut-msg-wt ext:7079" on 7078's phone.

If you want the main message lamp indicator on 7098 to show when 7079 has messges waiting, go into page 1 of 'change station 7098' and enter 7079 into the 'Message Lamp Ext" field.

On the other hand, if you want to create a secondary message waiting map on 7098 with a feature button, you can go into page 4 of station 7098 and enter 'aut-msg-wt' and enter 7079 as the extension.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Jason

If you want the main message lamp indicator on 7098 to show when 7079 has messges waiting, go into page 1 of 'change station 7098' and enter 7079 into the 'Message Lamp Ext" field.

On the other hand, if you want to create a secondary message waiting lamp on 7098 with a feature button, you can go into page 4 of station 7098 and enter 'aut-msg-wt' and enter 7079 as the extension.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Jason

I've set the message lamp exte field, but it doesn't work....In what type of phones this should work?

The "aut-msg-wt" is used on digital sets.
Also make sure you have the coverage set up correctly for the Term ext grp.

The phone is an analog one.
How can I make sure I have set it correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back