Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Upgrade Aloha 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shemps

Technical User
Oct 23, 2004
US
Hello! I was able to purchase a used 1510 to upgrade from a 1210 Radiant. Other than swapping out the hard drive and install new drivers for the touchscreen etc., are there any other steps I would need to follow? Is it as simple as I think it should be?
Thanks.
John

Well, I'm almost there. I've downloaded and installed drivers and good to go except for the 'failed to register station name, error ncb_lana_num field invalid" I have the terminal off-site. Is there a way to test this without being hooked up to the network?
Thanks.
John

I love answering my own posts, but it's my own fault. Most of the information was already here in the FAQ's. Thanks to all that answer these questions, it's an invaluable help. I've posted in the past and have gotten great results. What I've learned from this post (DUH!), is do my research in more depth first before asking and to save my threads for more detailed questions. I'm very sincere when I say that I value the help that this board offers, especially during these tough financial times.
Great Regards.
John

Sorry I didn't see this in time, but good job getting it fixed. Last (important!) step: take that old 1210 outside and sledgehammer it into as many bits as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back