Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services web access problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaboy

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
Hello
I'm new to TS and have been able to set it up fairly successfully. I can logon via another computer on my LAN with the client software or the web access using a browser. Works well. The problem comes when someone outside of the lan tries to connect using the browser. I dialed out with my laptop, and tried to connect myself,...the error says, "Error connecting to terminal server, "servername"" It works outside the lan with the client connection software. I tried directly connecting my cable modem to the server and bypassed the router. ActiveX controls are set to run on the browsers. Nothing has helped. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Violaboy

Hi,

How are you using the web front?
What address do you put into the web browser?

Hi
I have the same problem..almost..
How did u solve ur problem?
Thanks

I had the same problem but I could connect by IP since I had a static / public IP on that server.

Dev

i also do have a static/public IP on the server..but it is not connecting!

Is there a firewall involved, is port 3389 open?

no firewall!..
how can i check for the open ports on that machine?
forgive my ignorance!

Make sure that when/if you upgraded to SP3, that you also upgrade the tsweb to sp3 as well.

Tsweb won't work if you're using sp2 tsweb components with sp3 os.

Sorry but what is TSWEB?
i dont want to use the web anyway!.
I want to use the CLIENT over the internet!
I also have a QTEK handset that has a built in client..i want to use that!
How can I check for TSWEB sp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back