Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services Stealing Citrix Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnisotank

Technical User
Aug 8, 2008
GB
Hi all.

can anyone help with this please..

We are using Citrix XenApp 5.0 on a Win2003 server.

We have 10 TS licenses and 5 citrix Licenses.

5 of our users only need the limited functionality that TS provides and the other 5 will use citrix (eventually).

Problem is that when our normal users login into TS, Citrix loses a license so if we kept on going down this route we would need a citrix license for every user.

Also, since the citrix install, TS Admin no longer opens - it just sits minimized until you crash out of it.

Any advice at all is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John

While I not that familiar with Citrix I can tell you that it acts the same as TS which is what I use here. Why not just go straight to Citrix?

Hi,thanks for the reply

simply the cost. eventually we will have 30 remote users and only 5 need the functionality of Citrix.

We don't (and feel we shouldn't) have to buy 30 citrix licenses.

This I understand so what is Citrix doing the TS can't? I run a TS environment with about 100 users and Citrix when I looked at it would give me the same results but more cost.

Just to chime in on the conversation, my company chose Citrix as their remote office solution when they ran into problems with TS2000 printer mapping issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back