Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services Set up for TSWEB

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybravo

Programmer
Jun 30, 2003
US
I am looking into installing terminal services to allow administrators to access the servers remotely using the TSWEB feature in IIS. My question is, is it reliable? Dose the TS require any license to use this fetaure, if so Cost? putting the software on a Exchange 2003 box cause problems? I have used VNC before and VNC seems like after a few weeks teh software crashes.

Thanks

1. I have't got any problems.
2. By my understanding, you need access licenses. However, if you as administrator use RDC, it is free.
3. No sure about exchange 2003 on the same server. If it is possble, I would not do so.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network and How to at

We use TSWEB 2003 and in my experience its ultra reliable, you do need IIS but it doesn't have to be on the server you are trying to conect to. As long as its in administration mode you don't need any licences as there are 2 free admin licences.

We use VNC for our NT4 server and it's sloooooooow to update.

How do you set the TSWEB 2003 to be in administration mode? We have a DSL Connection with a single IP Address how can I set up the TSWEB to access all of the servers. I tried to work with the connection and I get an VBScript:Error saying cannot conenct to Remote computer. How do I set it up?

You can set Terminal services to administration mode when you install it, i think it's the default anyway. You will know if it's in application mode as it will imform you at every oppurtunity.

Can you connect using the RDP client? thats the first thing to try.

Where are you installing the TSWEB? on a web server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back