Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services Session Resets Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrne1

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
Every once in a while during a Terminal Services session a user's connection will be automatically reset. They'll briefly see the two disconnected computers in the upper-right hand corner and then they are prompted to log into TS again. Any work they were in the middle of is gone. This doesn't happen all of the time and it doesn't happen to everyone. Right now there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to why it's happening, which is why I'm posting this here.

Does anyone have any ideas about why this may be happening? Any suggestions on what settings, if any, I should check?

I'm running TS on a Windows 2003 server. I have all users configured to reconnect to a disconnected session and I have no time limits nor login hour restrictions established. The time for a disconnected session to reset is 3 hours and the time for an idle session to disconnect is 8 hours.

I have had similar problems when I have had a slow link between the terminal server and my location. Might be something to check to see if the connection is dropping occasionally. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back