Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranebill

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2002
US
I am in process of learning about Terminal Services as I have not used this in the past. I have a couple questions.

There are two modes from my understanding:

Application Server Mode
Remote Administration Server

With Application you shear applications and require licensing and with remote admin you do not to my understanding.

My question is if you run an application server can you do administration with this mode as well? If not, do you, or can you install both modes?

Once these are installed how exactly do you connect from other machines?

These are just a couple questions.. I am sure more may come.

Any help appreciated.

Bill

In application mode you can do both.

Administration mode is like if you had a file server for e.g and you only want to administer it. Application mode requires liences and so forth while admin mode does not but you can have only 3 users logged in in Admin mode if memory serves me correct while with Application mode you could have infinite depends on server spec and whats apps will be running plus liencses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back