Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services printing problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kippy13

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
IE
Hi,
We currently run a few applications of a windows 2000 terminal server.
The clients connect to it through windows XP pro.
There are three printers set up on the TS for printing off the application.
Every few days all the printers dissappear and cant be added in again as a message comes up saying "Out of system resources" The only way that the printers will return is if the server is rebooted. This is not an ideal situation.
Any ideas or any more information required please let me know.

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

Hi there,

It sounds as if you Print Spooler service is stopping. Once this is stopped your printers will dissapear. Rebooting the server causes this service to restart. What you can do is either go into 'Services' on the server and manually start the Print Spooler service OR a better solution would be to go into the properties of the Print Spooler Service and under the 'recovery' tab, change the first failure, second failure and subsequent failures settings to 'restart the service'. This should ensure that if the Print Spooler should stop unexpectedly again, the server knows to resart it.

Hope this helps you mate.

Stevie.

Hi,
Thanks for that tip, Will try out what you mentioned and report back.

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back