Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services printing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiash

Technical User
Apr 7, 2001
US
I have a remote office that authenticates to the main office via a vpn. At the remote location I have a printer that is connected to computer A. When you go in to the Term session I can print to this printer. A the remote location I also have computers B,C,D. that I would like to be able to print to the local printer at station A. I want to be able to print in session and out of the session by sharing the printer.
Does any one have a solution

Assuming your PC's in the remote office are connected on a network (it might seem like a daft assumption but I once spent ages trying to explain to someone over the phone how to get a similar thing going where there wasn't one :) )

Put the printer on an HP Jet Direct Port and install the software on each client.

A,B,C and D will be able to print to it locally and the main office should be able to connect as well as long as you remember to set the gateway on the Jet Direct box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back