Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services Passwords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampyreUK

Technical User
Apr 2, 2001
GB
I used to use Terminal Services (RDP 5) to connect to my Windows 2003 server's desktop and each month I'd change my password, each month I'd save a new password so for one click I'd get onto the server. It was just a matter of configuring the password each month, saving it and for another month I was happy ... I'll grant it wasn't the most secure thing but hey, it was simple.

Then I got upgraded to version 6 and ever since I cannot find a way to save the password so what I want to know is has anyone got any way of allowing me to do this once a month with RDP 6?

Kyu

Hi Mark,

I'll check that out.

I have, however, found a solution to the basic problem.

An option appears when I specify the connection (it wasn't there before) allowing me to edit the credentials for access. That then allows me to save the details over my previous file and then I have one-click access.

Thanks for your help :)

Kyu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back