Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

terminal services on 2000 pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykg

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2001
GB
how do you setup win2000 so on my win2000 PC I can connect to any other win2000 pro PC. I can connect to the server ok but i want to administer the other PC's on my LAN

thanks

Windwos 2000 Pro comes with Netmeeting. You can set it up to use and also set it up for remote desktop shareing. This allows you to take control of another Windows 98/2000 Pro system to administer it. To set up Netmeeting go to the command prompt and type conf.exe then hit enter. Follow the directions and answer the questions. When Netmeeting is running go to tools then remote desktop shareing. Just follow the directions. When you finish it puts an Icon in the bottom right systray. Right click on it and click ACTIVATE REMOTE DESKTOP SHARING. Now to connect to it just open netmeeting from another PC and click on Call then New Call. Tyoe in the IP address of the PC you want to connect to. Make sure RQUIRE SECURITY FOR THIS CALL IS CHECKED. If you have problems let me know. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

I use VNC from AT&T.

It's free and works very nice. I support many PCs in the field that are connected to our Wide area network. For remote control it replaced all my PCAnywhere installs. It only lacks a file transfer function.

regards.

Netmeeting comes with Windows and does have file transfer ability. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

True and accurate. I offer my suggestion in case someone else is not using Win2000. I have a mix of 2k NT and one lonely ol 98.

regards.

Netmeeting comes with Windows NT (IE5+) and Windows 98. I apologize I was not trying to make it the way it sounds (Crappy). Jwas only trying to edumicate. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

No offence taken. I learned something I didn't know. I wasn't aware of it (netmeeting) coming with NT(ie5+) and 98.

Consider me more edumicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back