Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

terminal services not printing from windows ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achmed

Technical User
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Having a problem- the Windows ME computer connects to the Windows 2000 Terminal Server, but can't print!

I've run the script to be able to connect USB printers through the session- the printer is a Lexmark X6100.

When the user logs in, the printer shows up in the list, and is able to be printed to, but nothing happens.

The printer prints locally without any problems.

No error messages are displayed, the document is placed in the queue, but won't leave the queue.

Any ideas? I'm really stuck.
Thanks
-Alan

Are you sure its not a printer driver problem ? I had alot of horrors with a Dell (lexmark) printer over Terminal Services.

The printer would not print to correct trays, would show as offline, would not comeback online even after I restarted the spooler. My supervisor said it could prob be funky drivers.

I would reccommend setting up the printer as an ip printer instead of a usb if possible and re-installing the drivers and trying again. Also try a different printer if you have for reference.

Good luck as I am still monitoring my situation and praying that it doesnt act up too much

windows 2000 terminal service only support LPT printers by default.

if you use USB printer, it is said some mappings may not be right.

I worked with windows 2003 terminal server and USB printer with unsigned drivers. you can share the local printer, then capture the port: net use lpt2: \\pc1\px7100
and setup a logical printer of the same model using lpt2. it works but NOT 100% reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back