Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services, locks screen after 2 minutes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekquest

Vendor
Feb 1, 2003
AU
All,

Can I change the idle "lock of the screen" from 2 minutes to 30mins??? you get up to go to the bathroom and you have to unlock it... if you have been drinking alot its pretty annoying.

I've had a ferret around the internet + looked in the computer manager but nothing seems to look relivant.

any ideas guys? thanks for reading,

Luke

I am dealing with this as well. Clients are idle for about 2 minutes (haven't timed it exactly) and their session is locked and they have to re-enter their password to resume it. no information is lost. no programs are closed. It is just getting annoying. I've looked and looked for a solution to this but have come up short. Tek-tips has been the closest thing to a solution I've found. I hope someone will be able to help. Thanks a million in advance.

Hi,

Have a look at the display properties (in the terminal session.. not the local display settings). It's probably the screensaver option that locks the screen after being idle for 2 min. or more. If these screen saver options are on but you cannot change them they are probably part of a GPO or the local security policy.

Hope this helps..
Regards,
MJanssen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back