Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services Experts Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworksOnsite

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
Hi, this is a repost from a previous thread which has not been resolved. Does anyone know of a support forum where I could get help with resolving this issue? See below and thanks!!

I'm getting this error from clients and on the local server with TS client installed on the TS server.
"The client could not connect to the terminal server. Please try connecting later, the server may be too busy"

The server had Metaframe installed previously and we switched the TS to remote admin mode after MF was removed.
We also have one other symptom...
1) Terminal server manager program shows down (66xxx)under the server icon sometimes. (the xxx is a number)

We have removed and installed terminal services but the issues continue. We also removed TS license manager.

Thanks for any help!

Is it bound to the correct NIC? (in RDP properties)

Has the user administrator rights?

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

I'm logging in as administrator and the RDP is configured for "all network adapters configured with this protocol".

Thanks

Does the TS Server Application/System log recognize that an attempted (albeit incomplete) connection is being made?

Remote admin mode only allows two simultaneous connections. I see this happen when users forget to log off from the terminal server and just close the session down. This leaves the session active even though they aren't connected anymore.

The system event logs do not have entries when attempting to connect and I'm the only user that is attemting to connect to the TS.

Thanks

Geez - I'm beginning to feel less and less like a 'Terminal Servr Expert' needed!!

Back to basics. Can you ping the server? I know it sounds silly, but ping and ipconfig can start us going in the right direction.

Glen A. Johnson
"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
Proverb

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Check your ipsec settings. The computers must be the same to negotiate properly.

I have ruled out any type of network issue. The TS client is loaded on the TS server and the connect fails from the client (server console). Is there an easy way to compare the TS registry settings between my problem server and a functioning TS? Thanks for any help.

Can you Telnet to your RDP Server on Port 3389? - Does it show as being open?

Try setting the TermServer to a different port in the Registry and connecting from the client on the new Port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back