Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services client issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontworx

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
I have installed office on terminal server 2003 before with no problems. This time I am not able to open excel or word without an MSI installer popping up and then it telling me I nned to be an administrator to run. Other apps work. It does run fine as an administrator. I added the user into the administrators group to get it to run once and then I took them back out. It still did not work. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!!!

Did you install Office while in TS mode and are you running in app mode or admin mode? For Office to work you need to be in app mode.

I am in app mode as far as I can tell. I set up a liscense server and can get up to 5 people in. I thought 2003 TS would automatically pause itself when installing an application like office. I have not had to take it out of ts mode before on 2003 server. Even when you open up wordpad a MSI installer opens for a minute and the goes away. The same happens with internet explorer.

I would try uninstalling office and reinstall it again. I had a similar issue and that is what I had to do.

Thanks,
I finally found out the problem. It was a permissions issue. I installed Office to a different drive and I had to give access to the program files folder and it worked. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back