Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

terminal services Client for W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

santosh24

Technical User
Dec 5, 2007
IN
hello ,
we have 2000 srv , prof , NT 4

but am only able to connect Terminal Services Client with
W2K server & with Prof .
Am not able to connect Terminal Services with NT4
Can anybody help me to find this query !

Thanks
Santosh

My first guess would be licensing...if you can't connect to a Win2k terminal server from an NT4 client, your NT4 client might have an expired Temporary CAL from the terminal services licensing server. Windows 2000 systems have that CAL built-in and wouldn't be affected.

You'd either have to add some CALs to the licensing server, try a different NT4 workstation, or use a reg hack that removes the expired temp CAL from the client's registry and that would allow you to get a new 90-day temp CAL (I can dig up the link for that if it sounds useful).

Hope that helps!

Lot of Thaks agmood !
please explain me CAL !
I just want to access Terminal Services from 2K to NT
Am able to connect 2K to 2K .
I just want to connect 2k to NT ,
Thanks

agmood, can you send me the link to remove expired temp CAL from registry at camvul@yahoo.com.

thx

HI ALL ,
MY ISSUE IS SOLVED BY CREATING CLIENT COPY ,
BUT NOW AM ONLY ABLE TO ACCESS W2K SERVER FROM 98/NT .
I WANT TO OPEN 95/98/NT FROM ANY OPERATING SYSTEM LIKE RIGHT NOW AM ACCESSING W2K .
IS IT POSSIBLE ?

REGARDS ,
SANTOSH

From what I have seen of Microsoft it is no surprise that you would have problems with TS.
When you first install W2K Server you are granted 2 90 licenses if you enter in administrative mode.
The question I have is what do you do if you have plenty of CALs but it is after the 90 period and the server will not allow you to connect and download licenses.
I can only access my TS with a 98 machine and nothing else.
And that is the first machine to have access to it.
My W2k Prof machine won't access it and that is because I cannot get a new license.
How do you fix the problem with the server and get your ability to access it through terminal services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back