Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Service Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidenMc

Programmer
Sep 19, 2002
GB
I was hoping someone might be able to help me with this, I have read through the previous thread on this issue, but unfortunately, the IT department I am dealing with will not install the Fix for Windows Server 2000.
My problem is, that I have a client running our software via Terminal Services, when they try and print to there printer, the software goes through the motions, but does not print anywhere, no error comes up...below is the code I am using to capture the printers....

z= set('printer',2)
PUBLIC ARRAY FRED(1)
x=APRINTERS(fred)
for i=1 to x
fred(i,1)=spac(1)+fred(i,1)
endf
with thisform.combo3
.rowsource="fred"
.rowSOURCEtype=5
.DISPLAYVALUE=Z
.REFRESH
endwith

Z=SET('PRINTER',2)
SET PRINTER TO NAME (allt(THISFORM.COMBO3.DISPLAYVALUE))
* The above two lines I use before the print *

Has anyone come across this problem before and do they do how to resolve it,
Any help on this would really be appreciated

Thanks

Aiden

Hi again,
i have resolve this issue by outputting the report to an excel spreadsheet that the user can print, but if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve the orignally issue, it would be much appreciated,

thanks,

Aiden

Greetings Aiden,

Is your user able to print other docs to their printer? I assume you use is running a terminal services session? If they can print to the attached printer, have you checked the .FRX file? Make sure you clear the driver specific garbage that is saved in the first record of the .FRX table. I have seen problems with the FRX file trying to attach to the driver and port that get stored in the EXPR, TAG and TAG2 memo fields. I slice all the printer/port specifics stuff out ot EXPR and clear TAG and TAG2 fields after I modify my reports.

HTH
msc

Aiden,

there is a distinct difference between TS and Citrix. While CItrix can print to a printer defined on the user's pc, TS can't. We have implemented TS as well and to solve ths I have done the following:
- define the printer of the user on the TS
- when the user wants to print make sure he/she can select this printer

This setup has one drawback: the printers must be defined on the TS....but it works fine. We have users in Holland printing on printers in Chicago....

Hope this helps.

Ron B

Thank you for all the suggestions.

Regards,

Aiden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back