Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Service login freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denndk

Technical User
Apr 10, 2005
DK
Hello

I got a Windows 2000 Advanced server running on a
450MHz
4,6GB
128 SD PC100 RAM
With an Card-bus netcard.

The Terminal service had been running for about 4 weeks now, but now when i login using terminal serivce, im just getting the blank "blue" screen in background.

I can figure out why i does like that. Had been searching around the net, to find a solution on this problem.
Couldnt find anything.

Any of you there knows this problems, and may have the solution to it?

what errors are you logging on the terminal server?

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE00/03, MCSA:Messaging, MCSA03, A+
almost got a paragraph there :)

The event manager got no records on the Terminal Service.

If i login over Terminal Service i got the blank blue screen, if i take a screenshot when it black, and paste it into eg. paint, i can see the whole desktop..

Seems like its the client?

you using rdp or ica client?

-Brandon Wilson

The rdp :)

Well, i did log the user off.
Then i worked agian, but it seems strange that it suddenly stops working..

Agian it happened.

Its pissing me off, i need to stop all services, and so on.
Its affecting my users.

I had the same issue. What operating system are your users using? Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2,....

I had the problem with Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2. The solution was to re-install the client on the PC after the service pack was updated.

We also had a problem with the Windows 2000 machine. The solution I found there was to disable the AD directory scripts that controled the users backdrop.

If those are not the solutions you are looking for, then you may want to look at your network? What is the ping rate, how many hops?

Also on a side note Terminal Services Hates VNC and PcAnywhere. It runs but kind of slow, just from experience.

Thanks
Glen

Running XP pro SP2 :)
- The network couldnt be, its over the LAN.
The ping i below 10ms and zero jumps away :)

Well im using the client bulit into XP, should i reinstall that, and replace it with a new?

enable userenv logging on the terminal server, have a problem user log on, and post the results

any spiking processes at the time or anything? I would suggest running a perfmon for a bit while the problem is occurring. userenv log may shed some light though...let me know if you need the link.

-Brandon Wilson

I would strongly recommend re-installing the CLIENT and make sure you either disable firewall or open the ports.

Thanks
Glen

I'll try the Client reinstall, there is no firewall on the server. And its over LAN so all ports are open.
But i have the port open to the internet, so my users can use it from remote :)

Cant reinstall the client.

Its says "An built-in client is allready install see Start -> programs blah blah etc."

I have search for how to remove it, cant find it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back