Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Service CAL's Expiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriggerDust

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2002
CA
I just installed 5 TS Client Access Licenses on my Win2K Terminal Server. All of the licenses have been handed out but they all show expiry dates 2-3 months from now. e.g. All licenses issued over May21-22 show expiry dates of July19, July21, August 4,14,15 2002 respectively. I was under the impression that once a license was issued to a client it was permanent & did not expire. Does anyone have any insight on this issue and how I can resolve this before they do expire?

thanks,

I believe that you ahve to reissue the licenses with TS.

Cant remember why, but I know that was a MCSE test question

I will try to find out more info on this problem

Redwolf - if you can find ANY info on how I can resolve this - I'd greatly appreciate the assistance!

Thanks,

As far as i can tell, the reason the licenses expire is a security issue. This way you dont give acces to a workstation and later forget about it and that user is still able to access the server. You should be able to reissue those licenses when they are close to expiring.

Hope this has helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back