Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

blisten

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
US
I am looking to put Peachtree 2004 on a windows 2000 terminal server. I currently have 2003 working, although it is not support, has anyone figure out any reg hacks for 2004?

Bob Listen
A+ MCP CCA

Has anyone figured out how to get PT 2004 to work, multi user, under Citrix. We can get it to work, but only for one user. Help please...

Hi mac9!
"There is a compatiblity script in Win2k that sets up the W:\ drive for c:\doc..\username\windows (or something like that?)"

yes,
"RootDrv2.cmd" file located in folder:
C:\WINNT\Application Compatibility Scripts
======================================================

tracydfl
"And I read where I was supposed to copy the pcw110.ini file into the windows directory for the users. But when I check the directories, they don't have a windows directory. I'm sure I'm missing something. "

this sets Variables NOT the ACTUAL user's directory folder where one must copy the 'PWx.ini' file.
...this file still resides (needs to be copied to) in users default folder that is 'self-created' AFTER successful login into TS and BEFORE you even begin PT install from Admin account...which is:
c:\documents and settings\[login name]\windows
...THE SAME structure as if your users were just login into your Domain (server)
=================
has all the steps but you ******MUST***** compleate every step in order....
All the best!

:--------------------------------------------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

ok,ok...I did shoot the deputy but he told me he was the sheriff!

Has anyone figured out the multi-user thing yet? It seems to work with one TS user, but I can't get a second terminal session to open Peachtree. Ideas?

Tylan
- Who prohibits the use of an application on Terminal Server?!?!?

ok, I give up on pasting the link....

fugitive.gif

ok,ok...I did shoot the deputy but he told me he was the sheriff!

I can't remember, but It would only let one copy open at a time. IE--> One at the console, but nowhere else. One thru TS session, but nowhere else. We are using Peach 2004.

TS can not be in Administration mode. Needs to be in app mode. :)

We were in App mode. Still would only let one copy open at at time.

We followed all the steps in this article:

Are you sure this article allows peachtree to open for more than one terminal session at once? I couldn't even open peachtree before doing the steps in that article.

We eventually copied the peachtree folder to each users profiles, and pointed a few reg entries to the %userprofile% path for the program location. It works perfect now. Do you think we skipped a step?

I saw on an earlier post that pdisenso had the same problem.

Any help would be great on this matter.

We recently upgraded from peachtree 2003 to 2005.

I have followed every step to make it so every terminal server client can logon. Although only 1 user can logon at a time.

Any suggestions to resolve this problem? I need to have about 5 users logged on at the same time. We even purchased the peachtree 2005 version for multiple users but I guess what is happening is the server thinks there is instances of peachtree allready running and will not start an additional one.

any help would be awesome.

Also I am running the terminal server in app mode

Same problem here. We have multi-user version of Peachtree Premium accounting, I also followed all the steps but can only open 1 session at a time. Does anyone actually (production tested) have a way to get multiple sessions running at one time with no problems\errors etc..

I have now succesfully run 2004 and 2005 in terminal server production environment for over a year now, follow the intsructions word for word or it will not work.

Bob Listen
A+ MCP CCA

correct, you need to make sure that you map the W:\ drive, or what ever their homedrive is. Then copy the files mentioned in those directory, for peachtree 2005, the file name is different, but you cna see what files need to be moved. I have peachtree running in a citrix environment for a local high school that uses it for an accounting class. so 25 users per hour for 6 hours and no problems.

Bob Listen
A+ MCP CCA

Tylan do you think you can help us out and tell us what reg entrys you had to point to make it work?

thanks

Firstly, I have two Citrix servers (Windows 2000 and W2k3) running Ptree version 2002 and 2004, both in multi-user mode. As I read Bob's post about 25 users in a classroom setting, it accured to me that my users (and maybe Bob's) are setup as local accounts (not domain users) on the terminal servers.
Perhaps the difference between those of us who have multi-user working and those who continue to have only single user, is a local/domain user issue.

Any thoughts?
mac

Michael Chase
Senior IS Manager

my users are running in Active directory

Bob Listen
A+ MCP CCA

Robul,
Here is the key that was our trouble maker. We were running PT2004, and now we are running PT2005. I'm not sure if this still key is still used.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Btrieve Technologies\Microkernel Workstation Engine\Version 6.15\Settings]
"Home Directory"="D:\\PROGRA~1\\PEACHT~1\\"

Our friend who helped us out made that key point to
%userporfile%\PT\. I don't think we used anything on the W: drive at all. The only issue with this method is that each TS user has to have a copy of PT in thier profile.

Our friend used regmon and filemon (from to see what reg key was causing problems. Then you can use a system variable to correct it.

Hope this helps.

I know this thread has been inactive for a while but...

I have PT on a 2003 TS, works fine. I just cant figure out why it takes a while to close out our company (20 secs) if anyone else is in the company. If a TS user is the only person in, the company closes nice and quick! All the local LAN clients close fine no matter what.

Thanks Guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back