Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server through VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundell

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2000
US
Yeah I work for a Cable Company and we run Windows NT Server with Terminal server here in Kearney NE and we have about 4 other offices that connect to us through VPN then use terminal server once they get connected to our VPN since we are behind a firewall this has been working fine then all of a sudden we are having problem our Terminal Server will not let more then 1 person in at once it will let everyone connect to VPN ok but won't let them into Terminal Server gives them a timeout but everyone in our Local Lan can connect to terminal server fine.&nbsp;&nbsp;so its a issue about getting connected to VPN and not authorizing correctly with Terminal Server we can see in Terminal Server Administration that they are trying just says connQ but not luck has anyone else had this same problem or know what might be causing this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks...<br><br>Robb

Hi

unfortunately i cant help you with your problem. but i have a question for you. since you work at a cable co. I am trying to impliment a VPN solution for my company via cable modem. what VPN software do you use??? could you please send me some stuff on how you guys set it up?? I am trying to use MS solution with RRAS but am having no luck at all.

Wondered if you found a resolution?
One thought that comes to mind is the VPN host is serving out the same IP to multiple VPN clients

I have a similar issue, except without the terminal service part, for some reason now that I put my RAS server behind a firewall and forwarded port 1723 to the RAS server, only one vpn connection is allowed at a time. I don’t know if its a problem with the RAS server or if its somehow due to NAT. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Ohh Yea.
RAS server is a windows 2000 SP3 box and the fire wall is a D-link dfl300
I used the mapped Ip feature of the firewall and only allowed the pptp service through to the RAS server. Though I have tried it with all services forwarded to the RAS server and got the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back